Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Palm Pixi Plus rocks! Firmware upgrade to 1.4.5 does not!

Recently I bought a Palm Pixi Plus. It was available for a very reasonable price like 100 Euros. It's not state of the art but it's enough for my tasks. When I encountered Preware I could get rid of a lot of nasty things I didn't like about the webOS apps. That's definitely the best thing about the webOS.
But some apps did not work. The hang during startup and I could not get them to work. One of the apps I could not run was Done!. Their support directed me to the software lumberjack which was able to display the logfiles of Done! and several other apps. There I could see that nearly all the apps had the same problem during startup. Even the Preware software had the same problem during startup:
INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11

After a lot of trial and error I was able to pinpoint it down to the firmware upgrade to 1.4.5 - the highest version number for the rather 'old' Palm Pixi Plus series.
So I run webOS Doctor to reset my phone and get a fresh firmware 1.4.5 onto it. After I managed to get the phone into USB mode I was able to install the firmware. After that install all the apps worked correctly and I'm more than happy with my loved Pixi Plus!

No comments: