Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No standby for old men

I upgraded my Windows XP to Windows 7 a vew weeks ago. For Xp an Upgrade to Win 7 means: re-install everything. After I did just that evrything went fine. Except for the standby mode. Because whenever I woke up th system from standby it froze after the desktop was displayed. I tried so many things to fix it but nothing worked. After a few searches on the internet I found the hint that the graphics adapter (here an ATI Radeon X1200) could be the component which could cause the trouble. So I tried the latest drivers from the website but not effect.
Then I read at a different page that they used the Vista driver under Windows 7 to get rid of the standby problem. I downloaded the driver pack and did the manual install (select/change driver manually using the hardware manager) and now it worked. Thank you so much for the right solution, guys!

No comments: