Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Paragon Backup & Recovery and the uninstall aftermath

The other day I tested the Paragon software "Backup and Recovery 11". I don't like the UI of the Paragon software even though it is pretty easy to use after you got used to it.
But after a while I decided to switched back to Acronis True Image and wanted to uninstall Paragons software. After the uninstall was completed I did a reboot and during the boot of the system still showed the message "Press F6 to start Paragon System Backup on-disk Recovery Environment". What the ****?
So I searched in the forums of the internet how to get rid of the residues of the software and found out that there is also a program called dbhagent.exe that is still running in the background even after the software is uninstalled.
After I cleared the registry of the reference to this program and deleted the Paragon folder I could get rid of the recreation of the Paragon folders but the message during reboot still remained. So I recreated my MBR just like one of the moderators in the forum said with the tool EasyBCD. After that the system was okay again and I could get back to True Image.
Nevertheless it's a real shame that the Paragon uninstaller could not do the job correctly.

No comments: